#1 2019-01-24 04:02:00

elaine95
Člen

After getting

HOUSTON — After the news broke that Astros third baseman Alex Bregman had accomplished something never previously done by a player at his position Darin Erstad Jersey , someone somewhere suggested he’d receive the Barry Bonds treatment when he came to the plate in high-leverage situations.During the Astros’ interleague series victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks, Bregman appeared to experience that cautious approach, producing a .538 on-base percentage despite recording only one base hit: an infield single that ricocheted off Diamondbacks reliever Silvino Bracho in the sixth inning on Saturday. Bregman finished 1-for-7 in the series yet drew five walks, two intentional, and was hit by a pitch in his final plate appearance of the weekend.“At his best, he walks even in the middle of his hot streaks,” Astros manager A.J. Hinch said of Bregman, who is the first third baseman to record 30 home runs and 50 doubles in a season. “I do think people are pitching him pretty carefully and we’re seeing that probably a little more.”Article continues below ...The Astros (94-55) are 7-0-1 over their last eight series and 12-2 this month. They will host the Seattle Mariners for a three-game series starting on Monday at Minute Maid Park.The winner of the set will claim the season series http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authent … ton-jersey , which is knotted at 8-8. Houston won the season series against the four other American League West teams en route to the 2017 World Series and has clinched the season series against its three division rivals excluding Seattle already this season.Rookie left-hander Framber Valdez (3-1, 2.66 ERA) will make his fifth career start and sixth appearance on Monday against the Mariners. He made his debut in Seattle on Aug. 21, allowing one unearned run on two hits and one walk with four strikeouts over 4 1/3 relief innings, earning the victory in the Astros’ 3-2 win at Safeco Field. Over four subsequent starts, Valdez has surrendered seven runs on 14 hits and 13 walks with 14 strikeouts over 19 1/3 innings.Left-hander Wade LeBlanc (8-4, 3.56 ERA) will start the series opener for the Mariners. He has worked a career-high 146 2/3 innings over 29 appearances (24 starts) and is 1-1 with a 1.13 ERA over his last four starts. LeBlanc has faced the Astros five times (including three starts) this season, going 1-1 with an 8.31 ERA. He is 1-1 with a 6.32 ERA over nine career appearances (five starts) against the Astros.The Mariners (82-67) are expecting both left-hander James Paxton and right-hander Felix Hernandez to rejoin the rotation at some point during their current 10-game road trip. Paxton, who last pitched on Sept. 7 against the New York Yankees Shohei Ohtani Jersey , has been sidelined by pneumonia. He is scheduled to throw a bullpen session upon his return prior to making his 27th start.Hernandez has been hampered by right hamstring soreness that caused him to exit his start against the Yankees on Sept. 8 after allowing two runs (one earned) on six hits and three walks over four innings. He threw over the weekend in Seattle and could rejoin the rotation in time to pitch in Houston.Hernandez made a start against the Astros on Aug. 20, his first following a brief demotion to the bullpen and first career relief appearance. He did not factor into the decision in that 7-4 home win after allowing four runs on five hits and two walks with six strikeouts over six innings. NEW YORK — The inevitable champagne celebration was put on hold for one more night for the Boston Red Sox. It was hardly the concern for the New York Yankees, whose priority was making sure Aaron Judge successfully made it through his return to the starting lineup.After welcoming Judge back to the lineup, the Yankees hope to prevent their rivals from officially securing the American League East on Wednesday night.Article continues below ...“He looked like he hadn’t missed a beat from the at-bat quality,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said of Judge.Boston (103-48) can win its third straight division title with a win. The Red Sox nearly locked it up Tuesday by taking a lead into the seventh and putting on the tying runs before the Yankees escaped with a 3-2 victory.Neil Walker hit a three-run homer but more importantly for the Yankees, was Judge appearing in the starting lineup for the first time since July 26 when he broke his right wrist. Judge went 0-for-4 but one of the at-bats was a 112 mph lineout.“I felt like I never left,” Judge said. “Everything felt good. I felt like my at-bats were good, seeing the ball. That’s all I can ask for coming back after missing that many weeks. So I’m excited with the start. We got the win and just have to keep that rolling.”Judge was a week into his recovery when the Red Sox essentially locked up the AL East with their four-game sweep of the Yankees at Fenway Park Aug. 2-5. The Red Sox have held first place every day since July 2 and are 47-19 since the teams were last tied following New York’s 11-1 rout at Yankee Stadium on July 1.When the Red Sox clinch Brandon Phillips Jersey , first-year manager Alex Cora said he plans to watch his players enjoy the rewards for a season that began with a 14-2 start and one that might end with the most wins in team history.“Celebrations are for the players,” Cora said before Tuesday’s game. “You kind of like stay away from them. I really made a point to stay in the corner of the room last year (with the Houston Astros) and enjoy it.”Cora will be hoping he can pencil in Mookie Betts into the lineup. Betts was originally going to play center field Tuesday but the wet field kept him out of the lineup with a left side injury.“One thing for sure with him, and I know he’s close to doing a few things that are very special in this game, but like I’ve been saying, he’s a small guy, not as big as some other ones, and we need him to be close to 100 percent,” Cora said.When Betts returns Luis Valbuena Jersey , he will attempt to add to his .337 average, 29 homers, and 72 RBIs while continuing to be productive against the Yankees. He is hitting .412 in 51 at-bats with two homers and 10 RBIs and has reached base in 31 of 62 plate appearances against New York this year.David Price will start the potential clincher for the Red Sox and looks to continue his recent roll. After getting pounded by the Yankees on July 1, he was 9-6 with a 4.28 ERA. Since then, he is 6-0 with a 2.22 ERA in his last 11 outings.Price last pitched a week ago against Toronto when he allowed three hits in seven scoreless innings in a 1-0 win. In his last start, Price made effective use of 31 changeups, getting 10 swings and misses on the pitch.“It was a very good pitch,” Price said. “Being able to throw it if I was behind in the count or ahead of the count http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authent … ung-jersey , being able to locate it down, that’s a big key for that pitch for me.”Price is 15-13 with a 4.86 ERA in 41 career appearances (40 starts) against the Yankees. He last faced New York on Aug. 5 in Boston when he allowed two runs on four hits in six innings in a game the Red Sox won in the 10th.Yankees right-hander Luis Severino makes his fourth attempt at getting his 18th win. Since his last win Aug. 26 at Baltimore, he is 0-2 with a 5.65 ERA. Severino last pitched a week ago in Minnesota, when he allowed one run on four hits in 5 2/3 innings of a 3-1 loss.Severino is 3-6 with a 4.29 ERA in 12 career appearances (11 starts) against the Red Sox.

reklama:

Zápatí

Založeno na FluxBB | CZ a SK